Monday, May 7

The Winds of Change




This past weekend I got to the 4th and final Boland Bodyboarding Association trial of the year and there was an awkward presence that surrounded me at the beach. Something was bugging me and i had no clue to what it was that had started making my body itch (figuratively). So I checked around me, the ocean was there, the sand was there, a gaggle of groupies were there even Paul Morkel was there after being AWOL throughout the whole trial series. I really couldn't understand what it was, until it hit me square in the face.

After the contest came the prize giving which is the precise time that the news hit me hard and true. I could not believe my ears when I heard Len Bradford, Bolands main sponsor, utter the words "We have canceled our contract with Science Bodyboards". I was amazed at his statemen! I only ever knew him as "Len from Science" and for the majority of my bodyboarding career I have known no other board company. But the shock did not end there, no no no, Len then went onto say "Reef will now be bringing in Stealth Bodyboards". at this point I blacked out and woke up in ICU (jokes)

And thus the winds of change swept through the sport of bodyboarding in South Africa like a tsunami in Japan, taking with it the old and bringing in the new. You see it is good that we are seeing change. Although its hard to get used to,or, understand it, it must happen. South Africa will now be seeing new types of bodyboards entering our country to start something new and honest. After looking at some of the boards on Stealth Bodyboards website I get to excited and forget completely about umm aahhh, that board company that used to be in the country.

For more info check out this link for the facebook group check out this link and if you bored and want to watch something that made me shed a tear click here





No comments:

Post a Comment