Tuesday, October 16

A slice of SA Champs

I have been quite due to one simple reason, Varsity! For the past couple of weeks, and a few weeks to come, I have and will be swimming in all the work that my tertiary education institution can throw at me before they deem me fit to receive an Honors Degree. Luckily I have found some spare time and I felt that I needed to post some content before the end of the world greets us so here goes.

As you may have heard it was the South African Bodyboarding Championships about 2 weeks ago. The contest was held just South of Durban in a jungle town of Margate. For most of the contest the waves were pretty epic and the level of riding could have been compared to that of the best in the world.

I think my SD card in my camera got a virus because the only images that I have found are of the Drop Knee final that was literally AMAZING to watch. All the other images of the contest have vanished and I am pretty bummed about that because I had some amazing footage of the Boy Wonder, Tristan Roberts, who took 1st place in the boys division and then in the same breath, ripped the Pro final to shreds, taking 1st in that division as well

It was a pretty mind blowing SA champs and here is some of the footage I Managed to salvage from my SD card.

The Boland boys just chillen before a hectic final day

Rider Tristan Roberts boosting a big flip before the start of the contest


Who knows? an unknown rider pulling off a decent roll


DK winner Dylan Van Tonder sliding off the section with a floater

The champ with a big carve




No comments:

Post a Comment