Thursday, April 19

Good Vibes: Immortalising David Lilienfeld the Warrior



Today was a day that could be described as ....fuckit! I cant even find the words to complete that sentence because the truth is, there are no words I or any of the people affected by the events of today, can use to describe it. Today the South African Bodyboarding community, the Kaaimans Crew and a Family lost a son, a brother, a best friend, an amazing competitor and a warrior- David Lilienfeld.

Dave was, Fatally, attacked by a Great White shark earlier today that was said to be 4-5m in size. The incident happened at Caves which many of us know to be one of the best waves in the country and, also to be safe, as there has never been a shark attack at this particular beach that is usually highly populated by surfer and bodyboarders.

This post is not to report on what happened, that's the job of the heartless media we have in this country. Rather in this post I want to Immortalise him as one of the friends that I have made, during my time on this earth, that was able to live his life in a way that, upon his exit, would not have had one person left behind say a bad word about him. Dave was honestly a soul that perpetuated "Good Vibes" and was always keen to be active, whether it was, Fishing, shooting footage, shooting fish, traveling or his 2 favorite activities 1) Bodyboarding and 2) Partying, Daves spirit will forever live on in the people that experienced his life with him.

David Lilienfeld you are the biggest legend in the world and I am so grateful for the times that we shared. On behalf of all the friends you made and made smile during your life, Thank you.

You are gone but never forgotten. R.I.P Warrior!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I never knew this young man, but may his soul rest in peace. I hope that a thorough investigation will be done and that justice will be served. Gustav and his family is in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes and something needs to be done about die son newspaper promoting their insensitive broadcasts surrounding this tragedy and any other for that matter.

    I was driving in my car on Friday when I saw 'Haai chomp surf champ' this cannot be so.
    Something have to change here. I wish the papers would be dragged to court and then to Hell for their insensitivity.

    ReplyDelete